Steps for keeping a kitchen clean has been given below:
- Never go to bed with a dirty kitchen –Even if you can’t get to the dishes right after a meal, make sure the kitchen is clean before bedtime to prevent an unmanageable mess.
- Clean out your sink – After dinner each night, wash the dirty dishes that have accumulated through the day. If you have a dishwasher, load the dishes in for cleaning. If you don’t, set them in a rack to dry once hand cleaned. When the sink is clear, wipe it down with soap and a dish towel to sanitize and clean it. Rinse with water. This step should take only a few minutes to complete.
- Spray a kitchen cleaner on the stove top, tabletops, and counters – Then wipe down with a clean paper or cloth towel. Be sure to clean any spots or stuck-on food as you go. It should only take a minute’s worth of work.
- Inspect the kitchen floor for any spots or spills, and use the same cloth you used on the counter to wipe them up – You don’t need to use spray cleaner unless the spots are really stuck on. Aim to spend 30 seconds to 1 minute on this task.
- Sweep the floor with a broom quickly if necessary – If there are food particles or visible dirt, you need to get rid of it before it builds up later. Spend 1 to 2 minutes on this job.
- Set rules in your house to require everyone to pitch in – If someone goes in to get a snack, make it clear that it’s their responsibility to clean up immediately after they make the mess.